Marsh Mill is a beautifully restored Grade II* listed tower mill. It is one of the tallest in Europe, standing at over seventy feet and is set in the attractive surroundings of Marsh Mill Village and shopping centre. You can enjoy a close up view of the mill on our virtual tour
The village shopping centre offers a diverse range of speciality shops and workshops and if you feel like a bite to eat or a beverage or two, there is a popular tea room and a public house - Tavern at the Mill, where you can relax and enjoy the pleasant surroundings.
Marsh Mill offers visitors the following facilities:
- programme of exhibitions, workshops and events throughout the year
- free car parking - coaches welcome
- school groups welcome (by appointment)
- meeting room for hire (charges on request)
- pre-booked group evening tours available
Marsh Mill windmill will only be open for special event dates in 2022 from 11am to 3pm (last tour at 2.15pm), and the sails will turn dependent on the weather:
- Easter weekend - 16 and 17 April 2022
- National mills weekend - 7 and 8 May 2022
- HM The Queens Platinum Jubilee - 4 June (sails to turn over)
- Thornton Gala - 12 June
- Heritage Open Days - 17 and 18 September 2022
- Marsh Mill birthday weekend - 22 and 23 October 2022
- Christmas at Marsh Mill - 27 November 2022
The mill may also open for any special events the Marsh Mill traders organise in the square.
There will be exhibitions in the mill from Easter onwards for:
- Thornton Cleveleys Brass Band sixtieth anniversary memorabilia
- fine watercolour art from Maria Bertoloni
School and special interest group bookings are welcome throughout the year by prior arrangement by calling 01253 887445.
See our tourism site for further information.
Marsh Mill can be found at:
Fleetwood Road North