Marsh Mill is a beautifully restored Grade II* listed tower mill. It is one of the tallest in Europe, standing at over seventy feet and is set in the attractive surroundings of Marsh Mill Village and shopping centre. You can enjoy a close up view of the mill on our virtual tour.
The village shopping centre offers a diverse range of speciality shops and workshops and if you feel like a bite to eat or a beverage or two, there is a popular tea room and a public house - Tavern at the Mill, where you can relax and enjoy the pleasant surroundings.
Marsh Mill offers visitors the following facilities:
- information centre and gift shop
- programme of exhibitions, workshops and events throughout the year
- free car parking - coaches welcome
- school groups welcome (by appointment)
- school pack available
- children's activities during school holidays
- meeting room for hire (charges on request)
- pre-booked group evening tours available
Opening hours - subject to Coronavirus restrictions
Marsh Mill windmill will only be open for special event dates in 2020 from 11am to 3pm (last tour at 2.15pm), and the sails will turn dependent on the weather:
- 24 and 25 October (226th birthday of the mill). To be confirmed
- 22 Nov (date to be confirmed) Christmas lights switch on – evening event. To be confirmed
The mill may also open for any special events the Marsh Mill traders organise in the square.
School and special interest group bookings are welcome throughout the year by prior arrangement by calling 01253 887445.
See our tourism site for further information.
Marsh Mill can be found at:
Fleetwood Road North