Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Coronavirus updates

Support for residents

We are working together with local partners to ensure our residents who are vulnerable are supported, especially those with no support from friends, family, neighbours or carers. Although the national shielding programme for vulnerable people is currently paused, you still may be in need of help and support with accessing food, medication or perhaps just need a friendly phone call. There are a number of things you can do and people that you can contact to access this kind of support, such as:

  • Shop Local – many local bakers, butchers, chemists etc offer home deliveries, contact them directly to ask about availability.
  • Register online for an account with your local supermarket – this will mean that if you need to shop online and book a delivery slot for food, the process will be quicker as you always need an account first. You can find some really helpful guidance on how to shop online at
  • Contact the NHS Responders scheme to access a local volunteer to help you with your shopping, picking up your medication or for a regular befriending phone call.
  • Contact Lancashire Volunteer Partnership  who can provide some company through a friendly chat on the phone.
  • Age UK also provides support for residents in Wyre in need of help with shopping, medication or support to prevent loneliness.
  • Age Concern has a coronavirus support form for people to access help with shopping and medication plus specialist dementia care and support. 
  • We are also working closely with Fleetwood Together, who are providing emergency support with food during the pandemic. To access this support email
  • Alternatively, if you are in need of support and do not have anyone to turn to please get in touch with us by completing our request for support form. We will use this information to see how we can best support you. ,

Financial support

Test and Trace support payment

In England, you're now required by law to self-isolate if:

  • You receive a positive test result
  • You are told to do so by NHS Test and Trace

If you can’t work because you’ve been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, and you can’t work from home and are on a low income, you may be able to claim for help. A support payment scheme is now open which will see eligible people able to claim a £500 payment to help them self-isolate. There are criteria you must meet, find out if you’re eligible and apply using our self-isolation payment form. 

Further financial support

If you need to access employment support or help to claim benefits, please use the following links:

Can you offer support?

The coronavirus pandemic has led to an unprecedented community response and we have been amazed at how many people have volunteered and supported our local residents.

Privacy notice

Privacy notice - supermarket referral scheme

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!