Support for residents
Wyre Together is here to help
Shielding for the clinically extremely vulnerable was paused on 21 April 2021. For the latest advice and guidance please visit the governments website
You can read the governments general guidance on how to stay safe and prevent the spread of coronavirus here
Additional support for residents
We are working together with local partners to ensure our residents are supported. There are a number of things you can do and people that you can contact to access support, such as:
- Shop Local. Many local bakers, butchers, chemists etc offer home deliveries, contact them directly to ask about availability.
- Register online for an account with your local supermarket – this will mean that if you need to shop online and book a delivery slot for food, the process will be quicker. You can find some really helpful guidance on how to shop online at https://www.learnmyway.com/courses/online-shopping/
- Contact the NHS Responders scheme to access a local volunteer to help you with your shopping, picking up your medication or for a regular befriending phone call.
- Contact Lancashire Volunteer Partnership who can provide some company through a friendly chat on the phone.
- Age UK provides support for residents in Wyre in need of help with shopping, medication or support to prevent loneliness.
- Age Concern has a coronavirus support form for people to access help with shopping and medication plus specialist dementia care and support.
- We work closely with Fleetwood Together, who are providing emergency support with food during the pandemic. To access this support, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poulton CAN is a volunteer led community group who aim to help those within the Poulton and Carleton areas who are at risk, self-isolating and in need of support. They can provide support with shopping, collecting medication or a friendly call. To contact call 01253 67 08 00, or e-mail Poulton.email@example.com
- Ncompass provide information, advice and a wide range of specialist support services designed to help carers and reduce the impact the caring role can have on their own health and wellbeing.
Self isolation support payment
If you can’t work because you’ve been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, and you can’t work from home and are on a low income, you may be able to claim for help. A support payment scheme is now open which will see eligible people able to claim a £500 payment to help them self-isolate. There are criteria you must meet, find out if you’re eligible and apply using the form:
Further financial support
If you need to access employment support or help to claim benefits, please use the following links:
- Citizens Advice Lancashire
- Universal Credit
- Help with council tax
- Help with rental costs
- Check if you are eligible for statutory sick pay
- Age UK
- Age Concern’s coronavirus support scheme
If you are struggling as a result of Coronavirus, for example you are:
- Struggling to afford food
- Can afford food, but can't get out to the shops or get food delivered
- Feel lonely and would like to chat with someone
- Need help with hospital or outpatient transport
or you need other support in order to be able to self-isolate and do not have anyone to turn to, please get in touch with our team here at Wyre Together on 01253 89 10 00
If you're concerned that you, a neighbour, family member or friend, will struggle during this time please call Wyre Together on 01253 89 10 00