The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or email:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for appointments only and the site will be open for vaccination clinics (by appointment). Please wear a face covering in the building unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Preparing to leave the EU

brexit Published Thursday, 10 December 2020

The transition period for the UK's withdrawal ends on 31 December 2020 and this will mean different things for us all depending whether we are UK or EU citizens, or if we do business with the EU.

You can find out how we need to prepare by visiting, but some key things to be aware of are:

·         British citizens travelling to a European Union country after 31 December should check their passport is valid for travel and have travel insurance that includes health cover in case they can't use the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

·         Owners of pets or assistance dogs should contact their vet at least four months before travelling to make sure the animal is able to travel to the EU. The animal cannot be taken without the proper documents. If your pet or assistance dog does not have the proper documents.

·         Drivers should put a GB sticker on the back of their vehicle if it's registered in the UK, or they could get fined even if the number plate already shows GB with a Euro symbol.

·         EU citizens who are living in the UK by 31 December 2020, must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme at by 30 June 2021 in order to work in the UK on the same terms as they do now.

Businesses trading with companies in the EU can also get a wide range of advice on the website.

Keep up to date