Protecting Wyre's coastlinePublished Friday, 20 December 2019
We are hosting a number of consultation sessions so that residents can find out about our proposals for Wyre's next coastal defence scheme.
Following on from the success of the completed Cleveleys and Rossall coastal defence schemes, we are now working on our next major coastal defence project, the Wyre Beach Management Scheme. This project will help to significantly reduce the risk of coastal erosion and flooding to over 28,000 properties and critical infrastructure in Fleetwood and Cleveleys.
We are holding a number of consultation sessions so that you can find out more about what we hope to achieve. The council’s mobile advice centre will be at the following locations and will be open for people to drop in:
- Monday 27 January 2020, 10am to 3pm – Lord Street, Fleetwood.
- Tuesday 28 January 2020, 10am to 3pm – Custom House Lane car park, Fleetwood.
- Wednesday 29 January 2020, 10am to 3pm – Rossall Promenade north of Thornton Gate junction.
- Thursday 30 January 2020, 10am to 7pm – Morrisons car park, Cleveleys.
- Friday 31 January 2020, 10am to 3pm – Cleveleys Plaza, end of Victoria Road, Cleveleys.
- Saturday 1 February 2020, 10am to 2pm – Derby Road car park Cleveleys.
There will also be an online consultation for those who cannot make the above sessions.