Cookie Consent by FreePrivacyPolicy.com

The Mount

Designed in the 1800s and built in 1901, the Mount in Fleetwood has undergone huge restoration over the last few years.

Thanks to a generous £1m personal donation from Mrs Doreen Lofthouse, the seaward side of The Mount’s Grade II registered gardens has been restored, bringing back the railings that topped the esplanade wall. At the same time the shelters have been restored, pathways repaired and resurfaced and heritage benches added.

A further £2.4m project with grant funding from the National Lottery Heritage Fund has transformed the landward side including the pavilion, the rose garden, the gate lodge and the playground.