Food business approval
If you operate a food business which processes products of animal origin (meat/ dairy/ fish/ eggs/ game), you may need to be approved by your local authority.
Examples of premises which require approval include:
- Dairies, ice cream and cheese products
- Meat and meat product premises
- Fish processing premises including wet fish
- Minced meat and mechanically separated meat processing plants
- Egg packers and egg processing premises
For information on the licensing, inspection and reporting regimes which govern primary producers such as milking parlours, slaughterhouses, raw meat cutting premises and game handling establishments.
Contact us to see if you require approval or require further information:
- phone: 01253 891000
- email: FoodStandardsAgency@wyre.gov.uk
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!