Important updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Wyre’s Civic Centre reception in Poulton is now open from 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also contact us on 01253 891000 or email:

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Applying for Social Rented Housing

To apply for a housing association property see the Choice Based Lettings website at or telephone 01253 476111. 

Regrettably, due to the shortage of affordable housing in the area and the large number of people registered and bidding for advertised vacancies, we are unable to accurately predict when or whether you are likely to bid successfully for a home. Once registered you should ensure you bid for any advertised vacancy for which you are eligible that would meet your households housing need.

The more areas and property types you are prepared to consider the higher your chances of successfully bidding and being offered a property. 

Moving home with the same or different landlord if you are already a social tenant...

Apply for a transfer inside Wyre borough.

  • Contact your area Housing Officer to discuss your transfer options with them. Some of the local housing associations will give you a priority to transfer if your current property is too large for your needs.

Moving to a smaller home that is cheaper and easier to manage...

  • Applying for sheltered housing

Another option to consider is sheltered housing for people aged 55 and older. One of the advantages of sheltered housing is a safe, secure environment with varying levels of support. There are a wide variety of sheltered housing schemes owned by the housing associations across the district. A visit to one can be easily arranged so that you can see what it's like. To apply to become a sheltered housing tenant you will need to apply directly to the housing associations.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!