The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can still call us on 01253 891000 or email:

Lockwood Surgery remains open for appointments only and the site will be open for vaccination clinics (by appointment). Please wear a face covering in the building unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Local Government Ombudsman

If, after following the council's complaints procedure, you do not get satisfaction, you may complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.

The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent person who investigates allegations of maladmistration causing injustice to the person who has complained. The Ombudsman investigates complaints about most council matters including housing, planning, education, social services and council tax.

Please note that the Ombudsman will normally expect a complaint to have gone through all the stages of the council's own complaints process before investigating individual cases.

The council's performance

These are the annual reviews (previous called annual letters) that are sent to all councils about their performance in dealing with complaints made about them to the Ombudsman. The aim is to provide councils with information to help them improve complaint handling, and improve their services more generally, for the benefit of the public.

Further Information

The Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) produces a leaflet called Complained to the council? and Still not satisfied?

Contact details

To contact the Local Government Ombudsman:

  • Telephone the Advice Team on 0300 061 0614. The line is open Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
  • Text 'call back' to 07624 811 595 to receive a call back   
  • Visit the LGO website to access the online complaint form and enquiry form
  • Write to the LGO at: PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH 

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!