Local Authority Building Control (LABC)
Everyone knows it's important to choose the right builder to carry out work on your property but it is equally important you are careful in your choice of building control service provider.
Building control services are now available from two sources:
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) - the traditional and long established route
Approved inspectors - companies operating private sector businesses and licensed by the government to offer a building control service.
There are some differences between the level of service you will receive.
- We believe in sound working relationships based on understanding and support with all our customers. We are non-bureaucratic, flexible and professional.
- We are committed to maintaining the highest standards and ensuring that the built environment in which we all live, work and play is safe and healthy for all.
- We positively encourage pre-application advice to help your project run smoothly whatever its size.
- No time delay, work can start immediately once an application is submitted, drawings are not always necessary, just pick up the phone and contact a member of our team to discuss your scheme further.
- We will work with you to achieve quality construction that meets the building standards. Whether you are an architect, builder or householder carrying out DIY, you can rely on us.
- We give high value for money and achieve high standards whilst still being impartial.
- As a local authority we are publicly accountable, transparent and a not for profit organisation. Our fees are published and there are no hidden extras.
- We do not operate a risk based service like many alternative providers, we inspect to protect you.
- We will work with other representatives of the local authority and associated agencies to assist your project as necessary.
- We have a vast archive of local knowledge of sites in our district and can utilise this to offer knowledge based pre-application advice.
- We are locally based so we are able to respond very quickly to on site construction needs if required.
- We are no more than 30 minutes from your site.
- We can offer flexible payment terms.
- We accept applications and payment electronically so saving you time and money.
- We have professionally qualified staff with considerable local knowledge.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!