Wyre's Great Outdoors - revised calendar for 2020
Now more than ever, its important to get outdoors and enjoy Wyre’s coast, countryside, parks and green spaces for both our physical and mental health.
Unfortunately our annual calendar of events has been severely impacted by Covid-19, and many activities could not go ahead for everyones safety. However your coast and countryside and community and leisure teams are working to bring you as many events as we can under current social distancing guidelines so you can get out and enjoy the best of Wyre's outdoor spaces this summer and autumn. We have also included information on regional and national events run by other organisations.
Some changes have been put in place to ensure the safety of both you and our staff. You will be asked to:
- Always book your place at an event at least 24 hours in advance- we must follow government guidance on maximum numbers to ensure a safe event. Anyone turning up without a booking will not be allowed to join the activity
- Provide your name and contact details in support of the NHS track and trace system. This information will be kept securely in accordance with government guidelines, and destroyed after the required period
- Wear a mask where required
- Wash or sanitise your hands before and after the event or activity
- If you are attending with children, ensure they are supervised carefully
- Take personal responsibility for maintaining the correct social distance
- Put your litter in a bin, or take it home
All events organised by Wyre Council can be booked with our Visit Garstang centre by telephone or Email: 01995 602125 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Where seperate booking arrangements exist for a specific event this will be clearly stated.
Tuesday to Saturday 10.30am – 4.30pm (closed for lunch 1.00pm to 1.30pm). Sunday and Monday - closed
Bookings close 24 hours before the activity. No bookings will be taken on the day of the activity. We cannot accept block bookings for multiple activities.
Our current events and activities is listed below, Click on each link for details of times, dates, fees, and what you need to bring with you.
- Autumn health rides
- Autumn health walks
- The Gardening Club at Memorial Park
- 11 and 20 October - Wyre conservation volunteer days - Woodland management
- 15 October - nordic walking taster session
- 18 October - autumn bird walk
- 27 October - Halloween art session at Stanah
- 30 October - Halloween Xplorer - Wyre Estuary Country Park
- 31 October - Halloween Xplorer - Memorial Park Fleetwood
Guidance on seasonal events
The Lancashire Resilience Forum has issued guidance on seasonal events including Remembrance Sunday and Halloween. Given the current restrictions in Lancashire unfortunately trick or treating will not be permitted this year as it would increase the risk of household transmissions. So, this year the message is very much, let’s celebrate in a different way and find safer ways to have fun.
On Remembrance Sunday the usual commemorative services will not be taking place in Wyre and we suggest that residents instead join us from their homes in a doorstep two minute silence at 11am. Wreaths can also be laid from 1 November to help spread out visitors to our memorial sites.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!