The Civic Centre reception in Poulton is open 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also call us on 01253 891000 or email:

You will be required to wear a face covering when visiting the Civic Centre reception and Lockwood Surgery, unless you are exempt.

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Empty Homes

Tracing an owner

If you are interested in buying an empty property you will need to contact the present owner to negotiate a sale. We do not arrange for the sale of privately owned empty properties or accept any liability for negotiations between sellers and buyers.

There are a number of steps you could take to trace the owner of an empty property:

  • You could write a letter addressed to 'The Owner' and put it through the letterbox of the empty property. Sometimes owners will visit the property to collect post.
  • Land Registry has the details of registered owners of properties and as it is public information you can obtain the details for a minimal charge. However, not all properties are registered and many owners give their registered address as the empty one but you will be able to get a name.
  • There are different ways of finding a named person, just as you might for a family tree - or Genes Reunited are all websites that may be able to help you find someone, but there is a charge to use these services. These should be explained on each individual site.
  • Talk to neighbours of empty properties as they may have some useful information on owners or their relatives.
  • Where an owner of a property has died relatives or executors may have applied to the Lancaster Probate Sub-Registry - Telephone: 01524 36625. This is public information but you may have to pay a charge for the information you obtain.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!