Changes to our services
Nationwide lockdown restrictions are still in place.
Wyre Council’s services are as follows:
- Waste Services - no changes will be made to household waste collections or the Bulky Matters service. There are no changes to Lancashire’s waste recycling centres current service and they will remain open for essential visits – for further details visit the Lancashire County Council website
- Wyre’s Civic Centre - the Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can contact the council via social media, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01253 891000. Lockwood surgery can still be accessed by patients with an appointment. The centre also runs vaccination clinics, by appoitment only. Please wear a face covering at all times when visiting the building.
- Sports and Leisure - Fylde Coast YMCA have announced they will be re-opening their venues in a staged approach starting in April 2021. Watch the YMCA website for further updates.
- Wyre’s theatres – Thornton Little Theatre and Marine Hall remain closed, but continue to play an important role behind the scenes supporting Wyre’s community support hubs, and acting as vaccination centres.
- Fleetwood and Poulton Market are now fully open, with all approprate safety measures in place.
- Playgrounds, parks and open spaces - playgrounds remain open, please use them responsibly. Give each other space and wash your hands. Parks and open spaces will be open, again please respect social distancing.
- Garstang Tourist Information Centre is open to deal with telephone calls and e-mails from 10:30am to 4.30pm from Tuesday to Saturday (closed for 30mins lunch break from 1pm). Please do not call in person.
- Fron 17 May funeral attendance will no longer be limited to 30 people, but will be determined by how many people the COVID-secure venue can safely accommodate with social distancing. Limits at weddings, wakes and other commemorative events will be increased to 30 people. Other significant life events, such as bar/bat mitzvahs and christenings, will also be able to take place with 30 people.
- Council meetings - are now legally required tot ake place face to face with safety measures in place. Visit the Council’s meetings and decisions portal for further information.
- Lancashire libraries -go to www.lancashire.gov.uk for further information and opening times for specific branches.
Our risk assessment for internal council Covid 19 control measures
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!