Changes to our services
Nationwide lockdown restrictions are now in place.
Wyre Council’s services are as follows:
- Waste Services - no changes will be made to household waste collections or the Bulky Matters service. There are no changes to Lancashire’s waste recycling centres current service and they will remain open for essential visits – for further details visit the Lancashire County Council website
- Wyre’s Civic Centre - the Civic Centre reception in Poulton is closed to visitors. You can contact the council via social media, at email@example.com or by calling 01253 891000. Lockwood surgery can still be accessed by patients with an appointment. The centre also runs vaccination clinics, by appoitment only. Please wear a face covering at all times when visiting the building.
- Sports and Leisure - All leisure centres are closed.
- Wyre’s theatres – Thornton Little Theatre and Marine Hall remain closed, but continue to play an important role behind the scenes supporting Wyre’s community support hubs, and acting as vaccination centres.
- Fleetwood and Poulton Market - will only have stalls open outdoors selling essential items.
- Playgrounds, parks and open spaces - playgrounds remain open, please use them responsibly. Give each other space and wash your hands. Parks and open spaces will be open, again please respect social distancing. Bowling greens, outdoor gyms and Mulit-use gaming areas (MUGA's) will be closed.
- Garstang Tourist Information Centre is open to deal with telephone calls and e-mails from 10:30am to 4.30pm from Tuesday to Saturday (closed for 30mins lunch break from 1pm). Please do not call in person.
- Weddings can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees – 6 people can attend wedding ceremonies.These should only take place in exceptional circumstances, for example, an urgent marriage where one of those getting married is seriously ill and not expected to recover, or is to undergo debilitating treatment or life-changing surgery. Wedding receptions are not allowed.
- Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people. Linked ceremonial events such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 6 people in attendance. You may still visit cemeteries.
- Council meetings - physical public meetings are not taking place at the moment. Visit the Council’s meetings and decisions portal for further information.
- Lancashire libraries -go to www.lancashire.gov.uk for further information and opening times for specific branches.
Our risk assessment for internal council Covid 19 control measures
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!