Changes to our services
Tier 3 coronavirus measures are are now in place up from Wednesday 2 December until further notice. Wyre Council’s services are as follows:
- Waste Services - no changes will be made to household waste collections or the Bulky Matters service. There are no changes to Lancashire’s waste recycling centres current service and they will remain open for essential visits – for further details visit www.lancashire.gov.uk
- Wyre’s Civic Centre - the Civic Centre reception in Poulton remains open to visitors Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm. Alternatively, if you can, contact the council via social media or by calling 01253 891000. Lockwood surgery can still be accessed by patients with an appointment. Please wear a face covering at all times when visiting the building.
- Sports and Leisure - the Fylde Coast YMCA centres at Thornton and Garstang (except the pool, which is scheduled to open in January 2021) will be open from 2 December, visit www.ymcayactive.org for more information and updates.
- Health walks and the great outdoors activity calendar have resumed.
- Wyre’s theatres – Thornton Little Theatre and Marine Hall remain closed, but continue to play an important role behind the scenes supporting Wyre’s community support hubs.
- Fleetwood and Poulton Market - will be open on their usual dates from 2 December with full Covid secure guidance in place. Food stalls and market cafes will be takeaway only,.
- Playgrounds, parks and open spaces - playgrounds remain open, please use them responsibly. Give each other space and wash your hands. Parks and open spaces will be open, again please respect social distancing. Bowling greens will be closed.
- Garstang Tourist Information Centre is open from 10:30am to 4.30pm from Tuesday to Saturday (closed for 30mins lunch break from 1pm). The centre will follow the same Christmas closing pattern as the civic centre.
- Weddings can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees – 15 people can attend wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions are not allowed
- Funerals can be attended by a maximum of 30 people. Linked ceremonial events such as stone settings and ash scatterings can also continue with up to 15 people in attendance. You may still visit cemeteries.
- Council meetings - physical public meetings are not taking place at the moment. Visit the Council’s meetings and decisions portal for further information www.wyre.gov.uk/meetingsanddecisions
- Lancashire libraries are open. Go to www.lancashire.gov.uk for further information and opening times for specific branches.
- See our risk assessment for internal council Covid 19 control measures
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!