Important updates on Coronavirus (COVID-19):

Wyre’s Civic Centre reception in Poulton is now open from 10am - 3pm Monday to Friday. You can also contact us on 01253 891000 or email:

Click here for information about Coronavirus and our services

Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Coronavirus updates

What I need to know


There are simple things we can all do:

  • Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
  • Keep your distance from others
  • Wear a face covering where required
  • Stay home and get tested if you have any symptoms

The NHS Test and Trace app

On 18 September the government announced that certain venues, including those run by local authorities, will now be legally required to display NHS QR posters in their venues by Thursday 24 September. From this date you will be able to download the Test and Trace app on your phone. When someone enters a venue and scans an official NHS QR code poster, the venue information will be logged on their phone. You will then be able to receive alerts and notifications if Coronavirus is detected at a venue you have visited. The following links give further detail on how the app works, how to download it and how to scan a QR code. If you do not have a smart phone dont worry, you will still be able to provide your contact details to a venue using their manual contact log.


The NHS website contains information about the symptoms of coronavirus and what to do if you are unwell. The main symptoms of coronavirus are:

  • a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

If you have any of the main symptoms:

  • Get a test as soon as possible
  • Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test
  • Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result

Meeting others

From 14 September there will be a legal limit on the number of people you don’t live with you are able to meet. When meeting with people you don’t live with you can socialise in groups of up to 6. This applies to indoors and outdoors. You should continue to maintain social distancing with anyone you do not live with. There is further guidance on meeting others safely, which includes details of exemptions from this limit, including for larger households and support bubbles. For more detailed guidance and further information read the governments most recent FAQ's.

Read the Government’s guidance on staying safe outside your home.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!