Cookie Consent by

Cost of living support

Housing support

Housing benefits

Housing benefit is money you may be able to claim to help pay the rent for your home.  

You can make a claim if you have reached state pension age, have a low income from your pensions, benefits or work, including self-employment, and have less than £16,000 in savings. To make a claim visit the housing benefit section on our website.

Support for mortgage interest

If you’re a homeowner, you might be able to get help towards interest payments on your mortgage, loans you’ve taken out for certain repairs and improvements to your home. This help is called Support for Mortgage Interest. Visit the government website to find out if you are eligible and for information on how to apply.


We have a duty to help people who are homeless or about to lose their home. If you have no home or have been asked to leave your current home within 28 days, our housing options team can provide you with help and support.