Update 07 April: The government has now commenced a booster programme for those over 75 and clinically vulnerable individuals. Visit the NHS website for more information and how to book your booster.
Update 31 March: Free COVID-19 testing from the NHS has now ended for most people in England. A small number of people who are at high risk from COVID-19 may still be able to get free NHS tests. Visit the NHS website for more information.
The legal requirement for positive cases to self-isolate in England has now ended. This has been replaced with guidance for people with symptoms of a respiratory illness to stay at home and avoid contact with others. There are still steps you can take to reduce the risk of catching and spreading COVID-19:
- Get vaccinated, everyone over the age of 5 is now eligible.
- Let fresh air in if meeting indoors, or meet outside
- Wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces
- Try to stay at home if you feel unwell
- Wash your hands and follow advice to “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”
- Follow government guidance on staying safe and preventing the spread of infection.
Updated guidance for people who are immunocompromised is available as follows:
- COVID-19: guidance for people whose immune system means they are at higher risk
- Guidance for people previously considered clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19
For international travel restrictions and isolation requirements visit the government website