- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Wyre, along with the rest of Lancashire, is now under Tier 3 - Very High restrictions.
Tier 3 restrictions mean that:
- you must not meet socially indoors or in most outdoor places with anybody you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble, this includes in any private garden or at most outdoor venues
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 in some other outdoor public spaces, including parks, beaches, countryside accessible to the public, a public garden, grounds of a heritage site or castle, or a sports facility – this is called the ‘rule of 6’
- hospitality settings, such as bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants are closed – they are permitted to continue sales by takeaway, click-and-collect, drive-through or delivery services.
- indoor entertainment venues are closed
Between 23 and 27 December, you can form an exclusive ‘Christmas bubble’ of up to three households to allow families to spend the festive season together. You can find information on how to form a Christmas bubble on the Government website.
Stop the spread
There are simple things we can all do to help stop the spread:
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Keep your distance from others
- Wear a face covering where applicable
- Stay home and get tested if you have any symptoms.
- Stick to the rules – the sooner the infection rates come down, the sooner we can get back to doing the things we love
- Restrictions for Lancashire
- Symptoms and prevention
- Test and trace
- Self isolation - what you need to know
- Support for residents
- Advice and support for businesses
- Support for community organisations
- Changes to our services
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Coronavirus report form
- Further guidance and information