All businesses can now be open, however it's still important to protect your customers and staff. Stay safe by:
- Contactless payments
- Regular deep cleaning
- Having good ventilation
- Consider keeping safety measures such as perspex screens
- Regular testing
- Getting your vaccine and encouraging staff to do the same
- Wear a mask where you are required to do so.
- Encouraging social distancing
Wyre Council has worked hard to support local businesses throughout the pandemic; paying over £47million in grant payments to thousands of businesses, distributing reopening toolkits, conducting spot checks and providing essential advice on how to operate safely across Wyre.
We remain committed to supporting local businesses as we look towards the future, recently allocating £300,000 for a new Town Centre Strategy Fund to help support business recovery in key economic centres.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has updated guidance to help councils and businesses identify poor ventilation in work areas and take practical steps to improve it. HSE has also made available a series of new ventilation guidance videos setting out the key advice and examples of how businesses have improved ventilation to reduce COVID-19 transmission. With winter approaching, HSE has also revised the guidance on balancing ventilation and keeping warm.
- Ventilation and air conditioning during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
- Examples of improving ventilation to reduce coronavirus (COVID-19) transmission
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): working safely
- Face coverings: when to wear one, exemptions and how to make your own