Fleetwood has also been selected to receive a share of a £95 million heritage regeneration fund.
In May 2019, Historic England launched a multi-million pound fund to create new ways to champion and revive the country’s historic high streets through the High Streets Heritage Action Zones scheme.
The council is working with Historic England to develop a proposed scheme which focuses on the high street area near Albert Square, Victoria Street, Adelaide Street and St Peter’s Church.
The Council has appointed Purcell as our specialist design consultants to work with owners and tenants to design a suitable
Funding could be made available to property owners and the work which would be eligible includes:
- Repairs to the structure and external fabric of historic buildings
- Work to the public realm
- Bringing vacant buildings or portions of buildings back into use
- Conversion of buildings into alternative uses that better meet the demand of the area
- Heritage Trails’ – A number of heritage trails are being developed within Fleetwood. It is hoped that the first will be available in
October 2021 with more to follow.
- A cultural events programme is being developed in conjunction with Fleetwood Museum.
Support will also be available for the development of local research projects, Conservation Area Appraisals and events by local organisations that support the investment.
To register your interest in the funding, to nominate a building or area for funding or to find out more about the support for events please contact us.