Cookie Consent by

Gypsy and traveller sites

Unauthorised developments and encampments

Unauthorised developments

An unauthorised development is where gypsies or travellers have bought land and are residing there without planning permission. This is not a police matter, but is dealt with by Wyre Council planning department.

Unauthorised encampments

Wyre Council has adopted a multi-agency protocol for dealing with unauthorised encampments.

This involves in the first instance, conducting a risk assessment with agencies such as the police, the Fire and Rescue Service and Environmental Health and a code of conduct agreement for those residing on unauthorised encampments.