Cookie Consent by

Empty homes

What you can do with your empty home

Refurbish it 

If you have the resources and skills then you could bring your property up to a decent standard and then sell or let the property. There is some useful guidance on the Federation of Master Builders consumer’s website. If your property is uninhabitable, such as undergoing major structural work, you may qualify for a council tax discount.

Let it 

This is ideal if your property is in a good condition or would only need minor work to make it suitable for letting. 

You can let your property in three ways:

Sell it 

You could sell the property in any condition, either using an estate agent or by auction. Even if the property requires a lot of work, estate agents often have lists of developers keen to take on houses for redevelopment.