Walks by Area - Claylands Circular Walk No 6, Gubberford Bridge
|Intro||A circular walk starting and finishing at Claylands Caravan Park.|
|Distance||Approximately 6km (3½ miles).|
1. Follow the footpath through Claylands to the footbridge over the River Wyre and across the fields to the railway line. Turn right then left under the railway bridge and follow the path to the road through Scorton. On reaching the road, turn right and follow the path to another railway bridge.
2. After passing under the railway bridge, look for a path on your right, this is the Millennium Way and it follows the floodbank to Gubberford Bridge.
3. At Gubberford Bridge, cross the road and follow Hazelhead Lane until you come to a finger post on your left.
4. Cross the stile and follow the path, passing a wood on your left following the distinctive green waymarkers. Just beyond Broad Fall the path turns left and returns to Gubberford Lane.
5. Pass through the kissing gate, carefully cross the road and return to the Millennium Way, turn right and walk back to Scorton. Take care when passing under the railway bridge.
6. In the village, look for the finger post to the path under the railway and retrace your steps to Claylands.
|Starting Point||The trail starts at Claylands Caravan Park off the A6 between Scorton and Cabus.|
|Starting Point - Map|