Walks by Area - Claylands Circular Walk No 5, Ratcliffe Bridge
|Intro||A circular walk starting and finishing at Claylands Caravan Park.|
|Distance||Approximately 7.2km (4½ miles).|
1. Leave Claylands by the entrance road, on reaching the A6 cross over to Green Lane and continue to Cabus Nook Lane. Turn right and look for a finger post on your left and follow the path to the canal bridge. Look out for the distinctive brown waymarkers.
2. Cross the canal bridge and walk right along the towpath, continue under Cartmels Bridge until you reach Ratcliffe Bridge.
3. Leave the towpath here, turn left and look out for a finger post on your left, follow the path, then turn right, passing Hornby Farm, at the next waymarker turn left and walk along the field paths to Kiln Trees Farm.
4. At the farm, turn left then right, soon after leaving the farm, you will be at a canal Bridge.
5. Turn left along the towpath and continue to Cabus Nook canal bridge, leave the towpath here, cross the bridge and retrace your steps along Cabus Nook Lane and Green Lane to Claylands. Please take care when crossing the A6.
|Starting Point||The trail starts at Claylands Caravan Park off the A6 between Scorton and Cabus.|
|Starting Point - Map|