Walks by Area - Claylands Circular Walk No 3, Nicky Nook
|Intro||A circular walk starting and finishing at Claylands Caravan Park.|
|Distance||A 6.5km (4 miles) circular walk.|
1. Follow the footpath through Claylands to the footbridge over the River Wyre and across the fields to the railway line. Turn right then left under the railway bridge, follow the path to the road through Scorton.
2. On reaching the road, turn left into the centre of the village and turn right up Snowhill Lane and continue to the junction with Higher Lane.
3. Cross the stile and follow the steep path up to the top of Nicky Nook and make sure the tarn is below you on the left, following the distinct brown waymarkers.
4. At the 'Trig' point continue to the junction of two paths and follow the one to the right keeping a dry-stone wall on your left. At the bottom of the path cross the wall and turn right.
5. The walk now follows a bridlepath through Grizedale Valley until reaching a gate and stile, cross the stile to the left and follow the path uphill to a kissing gate at Higher Lane.
6. Turn right along Higher Lane, until you reach Tithe Barn Lane and turn left, walking downhill along the road to Scorton.
7. On reaching Scorton you can retrace your steps to the railway line and back to Claylands.
|Starting Point||The trail starts at Claylands Caravan Park off the A6 between Scorton and Cabus.|
|Starting Point - Map|