Walks by Area - Claylands Circular Walk No 2, Wyreside
|Intro||A circular walk starting and finishing at Claylands Caravan Park.|
|Distance||Approximately 8km (5 miles).|
1. Follow the footpath through Claylands to the footbridge over the River Wyre and across the fields to the railway line. Turn right then left under the railway bridge, cross another field and follow the path to the road through Scorton.
2. On reaching the road, turn left and continue through and out of the village, look for a finger post on your left and follow the path towards the river. From this point, look for the distinctive red way markers.
3. At Cleveley Bridge, turn left, then right and follow the path along the river, through the wood and over the motorway, when you reach the track turn right, then left through Guys Farm, the Girl Guide Camp
4. Follow the path around the field and cross through Sunnyside Caravan Park and Wyreside Fisheries. Take care to follow the waymarker keeping the fishing lakes to your left and continue to Street Bridge.
5. Cross the bridge and look for a finger post on your right, follow the path keeping the fishing lakes to your right. Pass through Foxhouses and continue to Long Lane.
6. At Long Lane turn left then right along a track until you reach a path across the field, continue until you reach the road. Cross the stile, turn left and walk back to Scorton.
7. Continue through the village until you reach the footpath back to the railway line and retrace your steps to Claylands.
Claylands Circular Walk No 2, Wyreside
The trail starts at Claylands Caravan Park off the A6 between Scorton and Cabus.
|Starting Point - Map|