Online forms: Apply for help with council tax payments as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please complete this form if you require help with your council tax payments due to the effects of coronavirus (COVID-19). We will review your information and be in contact with a solution to help with your council tax payments. This may include:
- Allowing you more time to pay if your installments are not already spread to March 2021
- Deferring payments
- Checking that you are receiving benefit or discounts that you may be entitled to
Our annual bills for council tax and non-domestic rates (NNDR) were prepared and printed before any Government announcements. We are aware that changes may be required but we are still awaiting the official guidance in order to implement them. Our website will be updated with the information when it’s available. In the meantime, please follow the most recent bill that you have received.
Other help that you may be entitled to:
- You may be able to claim Universal Credit if you’re on a low income or out of work
- If you are on a low income and have capital under £16,000, please claim council tax support
- If you require help with rental costs, you may find our page on claiming housing benefit or universal credit useful
- Lancashire County Council’s crisis support scheme may be able to help with essential household items
- View to see if you would be eligible to apply for any council tax exemptions or discounts
Please read Wyre Council’s most recent updates about the current coronavirus pandemic.