- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Roadmap out of lockdown
We are still under National restrictions.
From Monday 12 April:
- non-essential retail, personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, and public buildings, such as libraries and community centres, will reopen
- most outdoor attractions and settings, including zoos, and theme parks, will also reopen although wider social contact rules will apply in these settings to prevent indoor mixing between different households. Drive-in cinemas and drive-in performances will also be permitted
- indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms and swimming pools, will be allowed to reopen - but only for use by people on their own or with their household
- hospitality venues can serve people outdoors only. There will be no need for customers to order a substantial meal with alcohol, and no curfew - although customers must order, eat and drink while seated
- self-contained accommodation, such as holiday lets, where indoor facilities are not shared with other households, can also reopen
- funerals can continue with up to 30 people, and the numbers able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events such as wakes will rise to 15 (from 6)
Full details of the 4-step plan to ease lockdown in England.
- Roadmap out of lockdown
- Symptoms and prevention
- COVID-19 Vaccination rollout
- Coronavirus testing
- Self isolation - what you need to know
- Support for residents
- Advice and support for businesses
- Support for community organisations
- Changes to our services
- Mental health and wellbeing support
- Coronavirus report form
Stop the spread
- Wash or sanitise your hands regularly
- Keep your distance from others
- Wear a face covering where applicable
- Stay home and get tested if you have any symptoms
- Stick to the rules – the sooner the infection rates come down, the sooner we can get back to doing the things we love.
For further advice on symptoms, high risk groups and testing visit the NHS website.
Government guidance and financial support - Find out what you are entitled to.
For international travel restrictions and isolation requirements from 15 Feb 2021 visit the government website.
For a breakdown of cases in England visit the government's data website which is updated daily.