Wyre Christmas waste collection changesPublished Wednesday, 13 December 2017
There will be changes to waste and recycling collection days over Christmas and New Year.
Changes to collections are as follows:
Normal collection day Revised collection day
- Monday 25/12/2017 earlier Saturday 23/12/2017
- Tuesday 26/12/2017 later Wednesday 27/12/2017
- Wednesday 27/12/2017 Thursday 28/12/2017
- Thursday 28/12/2017 Friday 29/12/2017
- Friday 29/12/2017 Saturday 30/12/2017
- Monday 01/01/2018 Tuesday 02/01/2018
- Tuesday 02/01/2018 Wednesday 03/01/2018
- Wednesday 03/01/2018 Thursday 04/01/2018
- Thursday 04/01/2018 Friday 05/01/2018
- Friday 05/01/2018 Saturday 06/01/2018
Don’t forget, the festive season is a great opportunity for recycling!
There is lots of extra waste produced that can be recycled over Christmas. The wrapping paper, extra cans and bottles from parties, card from toy packaging and Christmas cards can all be recycled, either through our kerbside recycling service or residents can also use the Lancashire County Council household waste recycling centres.
A full waste and recycling service collection calendar has been circulated to households from the beginning of December. For properties on purple sack collections the changes are detailed on the purple sacks.
Christmas trees can be put out for collection on the specific collection days in January highlighted for Christmas trees on your calendar. Christmas trees must be out for 7:30 am on this day only.