Severe weather update – 23.11.2017Published Thursday, 23 November 2017
Following unprecedented rainfall last night, Wyre council is continuing to work hard to respond to residents and replenish sandbags.
Last night over 5000 sandbags were distributed by the council until 2am this morning. The council is now re-stocking sandbags where needed at the Civic Centre in Poulton, Cleveleys Community Centre (formerly The Frank Townend Centre) and the sports centre in Thornton. Volunteers and council officers are working today to fill more sandbags.
Residents are urged to only collect sandbags if they need them. There are still people who are being affected by rising flood waters and these households must be prioritised.
If your property is flooded you must register this with Lancashire County Council and the Environment Agency.
Key contact details you may need are as follows:
- Lancashire County Council - 0300 123 6780 – If flooding is from highway drainage, surface water, groundwater or watercourses. Advice is also available on local rest centres, road closures and vulnerable people.
- Environment Agency Floodline - 0345 988 1188 or by email to email@example.com - To report a flood or if your property is at risk of flooding from a reservoir, river or coastal water.
- Lancashire Police – 999 – If there is an immediate risk to life call the police (101 non-emergency number).
- United Utilities - 0345 6723 723 - If flooding is from sewers or burst water mains.
- Power cuts – 105 - To report a power cut or get updates when your electricity has been cut off.