Top marks for Wyre’s building controlPublished Friday, 17 November 2017
A recent survey by Wyre Council has seen their local authority building control service come out on top with a 100% satisfaction rate from its users.
Wyre’s building control is a publicly accountable and independent service which ensures that buildings comply with relevant legal requirements for health and safety.
Continually looking for ways to improve the service for its customers, at the completion of each project over the last 12 months the council has asked its customers to provide their feedback.
Results for the previous 12 months are as follows:
- 100% of respondents regarded the promptness of our surveyors as good or excellent.
- 100% of respondents regarded the quality of response to their enquiries as good or excellent.
- 100% of respondents overall impression of the building control service, as good or excellent.
- 100% of respondents regarded the overall value for money provided as good or excellent.
With regard to the site inspections:
- 100% of respondents thought the number of site inspections was good or excellent.
- 100% of respondents thought the quality of site inspections was good or excellent.
- 100% of respondents thought the advice provided by the building control surveyors was good or excellent
Where full plans applications are submitted:
- 100% of respondents thought the speed of plan checking was good or excellent
- 96% of respondents thought the helpfulness of any comments made to help compliance was good or excellent
When asked what they most liked about the service homeowners were quick to praise officers on their local in depth knowledge and thorough understanding of regulations. The ease of applying to use the service and promptness of officers was also reflected in the feedback.
Similarly architects and builders alike commended the practical and professional approach of the team. Feedback showed that staff were approachable, knowledgeable and a real help to trade professionals.
Maria Blundy, Head of Built Environment at Wyre Council comments, “Our aim is to always provide a fast, efficient and cost effective building control service. We value all our customer comments and take them on board to ensure they get the best possible independent service.”
For further information, guidance on building control or to apply for building regulation approval click here or call 01253 887251.