Wyre sports awards
Wyre's sports awards recognise local sports clubs, volunteers, coaches and all involved in sport at a community level.
From talented stars of track and field to those who dedicate their time and efforts behind the scenes, the awards are a celebration of excellence and dedication in local sport.
All the winners are put forward to represent Wyre at the Lancashire Sports Awards, the largest celebration of amateur sport in the county. The awards have been developed in partnership with each of Lancashire's local authorities in order to celebrate sporting achievement and spread best practice.
We want clubs, coaches, players, parents, schoolteachers and friends to nominate someone who you feel deserves to be recognised for their efforts in sport and activity over the last year.
Nominations for 2019 awards
Use the below nomination form to nominate someone for the 2019 sports awards
- Volunteer of the year
- Coach of the year
- Club of the year
- Lifetime achievement award
- Service to underrepresented groups
- Community project of the year
- Young achiever of the year
- Primary school of the year
- Secondary school of the year
The deadline for nominations is Friday 19 July 2019.
Wyre Sports Awards 2018 winners
- Primary School of the Year – Chaucer Primary School
- Community Project of the Year – Piling 20-20 – Overall Winners
- Secondary School of the Year – Garstang Community Academy
- Club of the Year – Wyre Netball club
- Volunteer of the Year – Ian Davies (Norcross CC)
- Young Achiever of the Year – Gracie Slater
- Coach of the Year – Daniel Orwin
- Lifetime Achievement – Norman Cowburn – (Fleetwood Swimming Club)
Images from 2018 awards
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!