We have a team of staff and volunteers whose main aim is to help conserve and enhance the coast and countryside of Wyre.
There are seven main areas of work:
- Management of the Wyre Estuary Country Park and countryside open spaces owned by Wyre Council
- Managing public access to countryside areas, paths and picnic areas owned by others
- The Urban Core Public Rights of Way Network (Paths)
- Promotion of the natural heritage of Wyre through a programme of countryside activities.
- Working with local people to help them improve their own environment.
- Providing visitor and community contact and advice.
- Working with schools, youth groups and volunteers to create a better understanding of Wyre's environment.
The emphasis of all the countryside management work is to encourage good environmental practice and involve local people.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!