Wyre's business events archives
Wyre Business Awards 2016
The 2016 award ceremony took place on Thursday 24 November at the Marine Hall, Fleetwood.
2016 award winners
- Best family business - The New Penny of Poulton
- Best home based or online business of the year - The Little Blue Hen Soap Crafting Company
- Best new business (under two years old) - Spa on the Breck
- Community involvement award - Fleetwood Town Community Trust
- Green business of the year - BioCore Organics
- Micro business of the year (0-9 employees) - Northern Rags
- Retailer of the year - The Barn at Scorton
- SME of the year (10+ employees) - VMS Solutions
- Tourism attraction/event of the year - Old Holly Farm
- Best serviced accommodation of the year - The Briardene Hotel & Brasserie
- Best self-catering accommodation of the year - Brickhouse Farm Holiday Cottages
- Best eating/drinking establishment of the year - THREE Restaurant Knott End
- Employer of the year (nominated by employee’s) - The Barn at Scorton
- Made in Wyre award (locally grown, locally made, locally produced) - Pipers Restaurant
- Special recognition award x6 - Growing with Nature, Jasmine's Boutique, ProWash Valeting Centre Ltd, Fleetwood Beach Kiosk, Addison Project Plc, Poolfoot Farm Sports and Lesiure Complex
Also a Lifetime achievement award went to Mrs Doreen Lofthouse OBE. Her work has not just been confined to the globally successful Fisherman's Friend family business, but her other family, the community of Fleetwood has benefitted from her help and the whole Lofthouse family in many ways.
Wyre Expo 2015
Businesses found themselves in the spotlight when more than 50 exhibitors gathered for the first event of its kind in Wyre.
The exhibition at the Marine Hall aimed to showcase the diversity of commerce in the borough and allow businesses to make contact with potential customers.
Exhibitors were from across a wide variety of business sectors from electronics, to food, marketing and business services and consultancy. The timetable allowed plenty of networking and new partnerships and contacts made at the event.
Check out photos from last years event.
Wyre Business Awards 2015
The 2015 event, sponsored by The Royal Bank of Scotland, was a glamorous black-tie dinner held at Marine Hall in Fleetwood attended by businesses from across Wyre, partner organisations, event sponsors and award judges.
The celebration event was attended by over 200 business people from across Wyre. There were over 100 nominations for the Wyre Business Awards across twelve different categories. The judging panel included representatives from Marketing Lancashire, The Federation of Small Businesses and Fleetwood Town Football Club.
The awards were presented by main event sponsors, RBS, additional event sponsors Regenda Homes and Wyre Council Leader, Councillor Peter Gibson.
The Wyre Business Award winners were:
- Apprentice of the year- Ashley Roche – FTFC and doing Apprenticeship with Myerscough
- Home Based/online business of the year – Sponsored by Regenda - Preesall Preserves
- Family business of the year- Light Ash Farm
- New Business of the year- Jasmine's Boutique
- Community Involvement Award – Sponsored by Regenda– AGC Chemicals Europe
- Green Business of the year - The Fish House
- Micro Business of the year – The Little Blue Hen Soap Crafting Company, and H2 Photography
- Retailer of the year – sponsored by our main sponsor Royal Bank of Scotland - Bowland Outdoors
- SME of the year– sponsored by Royal Bank of Scotland - Builders Supplies (West Coast ) Ltd
- Best Tourism Accommodation provider of the year - Breck Apartments
- Tourism Event of year- Fylde Coast Food and Drink Festival
- Special Recognition - Henna's Happy Hounds, Northern Rags and VMS solutions
Special recognition was also given to two people who are sadly no longer with us, and who made a significant contribution to the tourism industry in Wyre – Michael Taylor, Chairman of Carr Royd Leisure Group and founder of multi award winning Sunset Caravan Park in Hambleton, and Fred Robinson who was the founder of Claylands Caravan Park in Scorton, a recent winner of the Best Caravan Park at the Lancashire Tourism Awards 2015.
For more details please contact us:
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!