Members Allowances, or Councillors Expenses as they are also know, provide for a Basic Allowance, which must be the same for all councillors.
In addition Special Responsibility Allowances have been agreed for certain designated councillors to recognise their additional responsibilities.
Councillors will also be able to claim travel and subsistence allowances and a contribution towards the costs incurred in caring for dependent relatives when they are engaged on official duties.
Full details of the scheme and the amount of the allowances currently payable are set out in the Council Constitution (Part 6) linked below.
- Council's Constitution - Part 6.01 Members' Allowances Scheme
- Council's Constitution - Part 6.02 Current Level of Allowances
each of the following links contains the PDF and CSV version of the relevant document
- Members Allowances 2016 - 2017
- Members Allowances 2015 - 2016
- Members Allowances 2014 - 2015
- Members Allowances 2013 - 2014
- Members Allowances 2012 - 2013
- Members Allowances 2011 - 2012
- Members Allowances 2010 - 2011
- Members Allowances 2009 - 2010
- Members Allowances 2008 - 2009
- Members Allowances 2007 - 2008
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!