Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Members Allowances

Members Allowances, or Councillors Expenses as they are also know, provide for a Basic Allowance, which must be the same for all councillors.

In addition Special Responsibility Allowances have been agreed for certain designated councillors to recognise their additional responsibilities.

Councillors will also be able to claim travel and subsistence allowances and a contribution towards the costs incurred in caring for dependent relatives when they are engaged on official duties.

Full details of the scheme and the amount of the allowances currently payable are set out in the Council Constitution (Part 6) linked below.


Document downloads

each of the following links contains the PDF and CSV version of the relevant document





Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!

Council Services