Arrange or change a council tax Direct Debit
Over 30,000 Wyre residents already pay their council tax by Direct Debit. It is by far the most efficient and flexible way for you to pay your council tax and this is why:
- Choose when you pay - You can pay on the 1, 7, 15, 21 or the last day of each month
- Complete control and peace of mind - You have complete control over the amounts taken. If the amount taken is incorrect we will arrange for the bank to put the money straight back into your account
- No more queuing or postal costs - Your bank and ourselves will do all the work
Apply for Direct Debit online
We now offer a secure online application form which instantly submits your details to us and authorises us to set up a direct debit for you.
Please have your council tax reference number and bank account details to hand.
Change an existing Direct Debit
Let us know if you have changed your bank details or you want to change the date your direct debit is collected. It's important that we have enough notice to do this.
- Change bank details - A minimum of 12 working days prior to your next scheduled payment date is required, otherwise payment will be taken from the existing bank account. Future payments will be taken from your new bank account
- Change the date your direct debit is paid - A minimum of five working days prior to your next scheduled payment date is needed, otherwise payment will be taken on the existing payment date. Future payments will be taken on your new payment date
Telephone 01253 891000 and we will take your details over the phone and make all the arrangements for you. Please have your bank account number and sort code to hand when calling.
You will receive written confirmation of your Direct Debit arrangement.
The Direct Debit guarantee
- This guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit Wyre Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request Wyre Council to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
- If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by Wyre Council or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
- If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Wyre Council asks you to
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!