Change in Circumstances
What if my circumstances change?
Your housing benefit and council tax support entitlement is based on the information you give us when you complete your application form. If your circumstances change, your entitlement may change too. You must tell us immediately if your circumstances change in any way.
To report a change in circumstances you can complete an online form or make an appointment to see an officer at the Benefits Mobile Advice Centre (BMAC), or call 01253 891000. You may also have to provide evidence of some changes.
Examples of the changes you must tell us about and examples of evidence needed include:
You or your partner moves address. You may need to complete a "change of address application form".
Someone leaves or joins your household. Provide the date they moved and their new address
The birth of a child. Original birth certificate, or evidence of child benefit received.
Anyone in your household goes into hospital.
You leave your home on a temporary basis. Date you left and your expected date of return.
You or your partner starts working or you pay changes. Latest pay slips showing change in income.
Your or your partner stop receiving Income Support/Job Seekers Allowance. Evidence of income and savings.
Changes to any member of the household's income or benefits, for example:
- changes to Working Tax Credit
- changes to Child Tax Credit
- changes to Incapacity Benefit
- occupational or private pensions. Letter from pensioner provider
- You stop receiving child benefit for any of your children
- Your rent changes. Letter from your landlord.
- You change from one benefit to another benefit.
- You or someone in your household sells a property or land. Solicitors letter confirming details of sale.
- If someone leaves you or anyone in your household money or assets. Solicitors letter confirming this.
- Your capital increases to more than £6,000 or exceeds £16,000. Bank statements/books
You must tell us about changes as soon as possible. If you do not do this, you may lose out on benefit, or we may pay you too much and you will have to pay it back to us.
IF YOU OR YOUR PARTNER ARE 60 OR OVER AND RECEIVE THE PENSION CREDIT GUARANTEE YOU ONLY NEED TO TELL US THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
Any Changes in your tenancy or if you move address
Any Changes affecting non-dependants in your household
Absences from home expected to exceed 13 weeks
ALL OTHER CHANGES MUST BE NOTIFIED TO THE PENSION SERVICE ON 0845 6060265
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!