Marsh Mill is a beautifully restored Grade II* listed tower mill.
It is one of the tallest in Europe, standing at over seventy feet and is set in the attractive surroundings of Marsh Mill Village and shopping centre.
Find out about the history of Marsh Mill
The village shopping centre offers a diverse range of speciality shops and workshops and if you feel like a bite to eat or a beverage or two, there is a popular tea room and a public house - Tavern at the Mill, where you can relax and enjoy the pleasant surroundings.
Marsh Mill offers visitors the following facilities:
- Information centre and gift shop
- Programme of exhibitions, workshops and events throughout the year
- Free car parking - coaches welcome
- School groups welcome (by appointment)
- School pack available
- Children's activities during school holidays
- Meeting room for hire (current charges on request)
- Pre-booked group evening tours available
The windmill is open 11am to 3pm Saturdays and Sundays from the first weekend in April until the last weekend in October.
The shops, businesses and workshops based at Marsh Mill remain open seven days a week all year round.
Restoration of the mill
Walter Heapy worked from 1964 to restore Marsh Mill. Watch this film to gain an insight into the restoration of the mill.
Marsh Mill can be found at:
Fleetwood Road North
- Tel: 01253 887441
- Tel: 01253 860765
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!