Your Wyre Online

In Your Area

Commercial and trade waste

Wyre Council may arrange a trade waste collection service through a licensed contractor.

The council has an arrangement with Veolia Environmental Services (VES). VES will undertake the council's statutory duty to provide a commerical waste collection service if requested. 

VES can take away commercial waste from your business premises on a regular basis with a tailored service which meets the needs of your business, with the ability to offer a range of wheeled bin sizes, sack collections and recycling services at competitive rates. 

What we can't collect

There are some items of commercial waste we cannot collect and these include:

  • Bricks, concrete, rubble
  • Gas bottles
  • Car engines, batteries and tyres
  • Items that are too large or too bulky to fit in a refuse collection vehicle
  • Liquids and chemicals of any type
  • Hazardous waste, for example motor oils, paints, corrosive liquids
  • Asbestos
  • Garden fertilizers, pesticides
  • Clinical waste, for example needles, sharps, syringes
  • TV's and computer monitors
  • Animal by-product waste

Why do I have to pay to have waste taken away from my business premise?

Business rates do not cover the removal of waste from business premises. You have a legal duty of care to dispose of your waste correctly and keep records.

Commercial/trade waste cannot:

  • be taken to the local household waste recycling centre. Costs for removing/depositing commercial waste are not included in the business tax.
  • be included in the recycling scheme (this is for residential properties only.

Disposal sites

 If you choose a private company to dispose of commercial waste they must arrange the disposal site.


VES can offer you a recycling collection service.


If you have had commercial waste collected by the council and there has been a spillage then please contact the council or Veolia.

Veolia trade sacks

Sacks can be purchased from:

Commercial waste enquiries

If you have any enquiries or require more information about any of the above please then please contact the council or Veolia.

Rate this page

Give us your feedback on this page!

Council Services