Commercial and trade waste
Wyre Council may arrange a trade waste collection service through a licensed contractor.
The council has an arrangement with Veolia Environmental Services (VES). Veolia Environmental Services will undertake the council's statutory duty to provide a commerical waste collection service if requested.
VES can take away commercial waste from your business premises on a regular basis with a tailored service which meets the needs of your business, with the ability to offer a range of wheeled bin sizes, sack collections and recycling services at competitive rates.
Are there things we can't collect?
There are some items of commercial waste we cannot collect and these include:
- Bricks, concrete, rubble
- Gas bottles
- Car engines, batteries and tyres
- Items that are too large or too bulky to fit in a refuse collection vehicle
- Liquids and chemicals of any type
- Hazardous waste, for example motor oils, paints, corrosive liquids
- Garden fertilizers, pesticides
- Clinical waste, for example needles, sharps, syringes
- TV's and computer monitors
- Animal by-product waste
Why do I have to pay to have waste taken away from my business premise?
Business rates do not cover the removal of waste from business premises.
Commercial/trade waste cannot:
- be taken to the local household waste recycling centre. Costs for removing/depositing commercial waste are not included in the business tax.
- be included in the recycling scheme (this is for residential properties only).
If you choose a private company to dispose of commercial waste they must arrange the disposal site.
What about recycling?
VES can offer you a recycling collection service.
Can I purchase Veolia trade sacks locally?
Yes, sacks can be purchased from:
- Garstang Tourist Information Centre
- Thornton & Cleveleys Tourist Information Centre
- Fleetwood Central Post Office (Lord Street)
Commercial Waste Enquiries
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!