Commercial and trade waste
Wyre Council may arrange a trade waste collection service through a licensed contractor.
The council has an arrangement with Veolia Environmental Services (VES). VES will undertake the council's statutory duty to provide a commerical waste collection service if requested.
VES can take away commercial waste from your business premises on a regular basis with a tailored service which meets the needs of your business, with the ability to offer a range of wheeled bin sizes, sack collections and recycling services at competitive rates.
What we can't collect
There are some items of commercial waste we cannot collect and these include:
- Bricks, concrete, rubble
- Gas bottles
- Car engines, batteries and tyres
- Items that are too large or too bulky to fit in a refuse collection vehicle
- Liquids and chemicals of any type
- Hazardous waste, for example motor oils, paints, corrosive liquids
- Garden fertilizers, pesticides
- Clinical waste, for example needles, sharps, syringes
- TV's and computer monitors
- Animal by-product waste
Why do I have to pay to have waste taken away from my business premise?
Business rates do not cover the removal of waste from business premises. You have a legal duty of care to dispose of your waste correctly and keep records.
Commercial/trade waste cannot:
- be taken to the local household waste recycling centre. Costs for removing/depositing commercial waste are not included in the business tax.
- be included in the recycling scheme (this is for residential properties only.
If you choose a private company to dispose of commercial waste they must arrange the disposal site.
VES can offer you a recycling collection service.
Veolia trade sacks
Sacks can be purchased from:
- Garstang Tourist Information Centre
- Thornton and Cleveleys Tourist Information Centre
- Fleetwood Central Post Office (Lord Street)
Commercial waste enquiries
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!