Green waste collection service
Please complete the form below if you wish to subscribe to the green waste collection service for 2017/2018 (1 May 2017 - 30 April 2018)
Subscription and cost
The cost will be £30 per year plus £25 for each additional bin if ordered at initial contact, payable in advance. This equates to £1.36 per collection (22 collections per year as there are no collections during the Christmas and New Year period). This is a non-refundable fixed cost for the period 1 May 2017 to 30 April 2018.
The green waste subscription service takes effect from 1 May 2017. You can subscribe at any time during the year. The annual charge will remain the same.
Hint and tips - sharing a bin with a neighbour would halve the costs for you both.
The first bin will be charged at the rate of £30 for one bin collected on a fortnightly basis for the period the service runs, but if paying for multiple bins on the initial contact a discounted rate of £25 per bin will be applied. The discount for additional bins is only applicable when paying at the initial subscription stage. Additional bins required at a later date will be charged at £30 per bin. To be eligible for the discount for additional bins the subscription shall be for one address only.
- A sticker will be issued for you within 10 working days of payment being recieved. Please attach the sticker to your bin so we know you have paid the subscription.
- Collections will continue on a fortnightly basis and collection dates remain the same. Please ensure you present your bin by 7.30am on your scheduled collection day.
What goes in your green bin
Only garden waste must be placed in the green bin. Food waste should be disposed of in your grey bin or home composted.
Unwanted green bins
If you no longer require your green bin, you can request the removal of the bin by contacting us. Only empty green bins will be removed and will be collected within five working days.
Alternative ways to dispose of your green waste
- You can compost your green waste at home or
- take it to one of the household waste recycling centres operated by Lancashire County Council.
- Terms and conditions of the service
- Green waste collection service downloadable leaflet / online leaflet - Key facts and your questions answered - a handy leaflet containing everything you need to know about the garden waste subscription service.
Rate this page
Give us your feedback on this page!